The Pork industry has done a good job in their marketing of pork. It’s the other white meat! I’d like to suggest the Other Twelve-Step Program but this one is for people building skills.
1. Treat people with respect. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
2. Don’t believe anything you hear, okay, don’t believe 98% of what you hear.
3. If you repeat stuff you’ve heard about others, you’re a gossip.
4. Look for the best in other always. Please remember: no one is completely worthless, they can always serve as a bad example.
5. Listen with your eyes.
6. Find ways to encourage people around you on a regular basis. You might choose to do it daily, weekly, monthly or occasionally but as Nike says….!
7. Honor people. See and speak about their value and worth as a person.
8. Be patient, kind, and keep no record of wrongs.
9. For me, it is important to look at others through the eyes of Jesus.
10. See MMFINA on every person’s forehead: Make Me Feel Important, Needed and Accepted.
11. Work daily to help others succeed.
12. When in doubt, see # 1.
And these are just my thoughts on a Tuesday evening.
THE PEOPLE BUILDER,
Steve Siemens, CSP