Everyone likes to win. In fact, some people will do anything to win. If you want to win in 2010, I’d like to suggest these thoughts:
1. It’s more important to be respectful, than to be right.
2. There are three sides to every issue: side A, side B, and the truth. Always focus on the truth.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it with great enthusiasm.
4. Believe in the impossible. Mary Kay Ash said it right when she said, “If you think you can’t, you’re right!”
5. Keep everything in perspective.
6. Dream daily. Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. The poorest people are not people without money or things, they are people without dreams.
7. Be extravagant at times with your family and friends.
8. Live wide awake!
9. Live with passion, work with passion, think with passion, love with passion.
10. Great love and great achievements require great risks.
11. When you get that inner urge to connect with someone or do something from them, do it immediately.
12. Keep spontaneity in your marriage, work, friendships, and life.
13. Practice FIDO – forget it and drive on! Develop a good forgetter!
14. Admit you were wrong when you were wrong and forget it when you were right!
15. Encourage at least five people every day.
16. Read good books, listen to good music, and spend quality time with your family and friends.
Do you want to really win? Look within the word “win” and find the solution. Ask the question, What’s Important Now? Ask that question and practice the 16 thoughts above plus a few more, and I believe you will WIN in 2010!
And these are just my thoughts on a Friday, New Year’s Eve morning.
THE PEOPLE BUILDER,
Steve Siemens, CSP